Sunday, 8 September 2013

[Review] Legend by Marie Lu

Legend by Marie Lu 
Published February 3nd 2012 by Penguin
Paperback, 295 Pages
Synopsis:
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.
From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.
My Thoughts: 
A fast Paced, action packed, all round entertaining read that deserves all of the attention it can get. A definite must read if you haven’t already read it! As you might be able to tell by now, I really enjoyed this book. 

I'm going to be honest here and say that it did take me two weeks to read this book. For those of you that haven’t read my previous post I've been in a bit of a reading slump. The dreaded thing that all book lovers loathe! Up until today I had only read 100 hundred pages but when I picked it up earlier this afternoon I found myself powering through it. I was hooked. I needed to know how it ended and wouldn't put it down until I knew. And now here I am, gushing over how wonderful it was.

Everything about this book was perfect from the writing, to the characters and most importantly the plot. It’s everything I want from a dystopian and more. I can’t stress enough how much I loved it. Everyone in the world needs to read it just so they can understand where I'm coming from.

Marie Lu captivated me right from the start and had me wanting more even when I had finished the book. Luckily for me, the sequel is already out and the third book is awaiting release. So in reality I've chosen to pick this book up at the perfect time!

June and Day are both strong, unique main characters which I felt that the author had definitely invested a lot of time into perfecting. I thoroughly enjoyed reading from both of their POV’s as there’s never a dull moment for them. And even though they've had it tough they always manage to come out on top. 

Overall Legend is the ultimate dystopian book. Like I said earlier it has everything I want from a good read and even more! With its twists and turns, secrets and lies, Legend will definitely have you on the edge of your seat until the very end. You’ll feel a mix of emotions as the plot thickens and will find yourself wanting to console the characters. They really do have a rough time. But that’s the beauty of this masterpiece; it’s about fighting through the nonsense and standing up for what’s right. Believe me; you will be hooked right from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...