Thursday, 20 June 2013

Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
Released April 30th 2013
Published by Harper Teen
Paperback, 371 Pages

Synopsis:
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things. 

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?

My Thoughts:
WARNING! DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVENT READ SWEET EVIL!

I fell in love with Sweet Evil as soon as I read it so when I found out that there would be a sequel I was ecstatic. Angel books are always a bit iffy; the minorities of them are completely terrible but every now and then a miracle happens bringing something amazing into our lives! The way I feel about this series is indescribable but I’ll try putting it into words for you guys.

So I had some trouble getting hold of this book in the UK, which happens a lot! Make note publishers that we do like to read too. Amazon kept changing the date of which it would be released so after a rage cancellation I ordered it on the Book Depository, oh how I love that site.

There’s not much that I can say about this book other than it was everything I had hoped it to be! The book picks up a few months on from where the previous had ended, we jump straight back into the world of Anna Whitt. I was thoroughly surprised that she had changed from a total wet blanket to a hardcore badass in such little time.

I really enjoyed Anna and Kopanos journey around the world as I felt that it gave us a chance to not only learn more about Kopano but the other characters we met in the first book and some new ones on the way! However I was most excited when Kaidan made his return to the story. He brings heat to the book and I mean the good kind, with those stormy blue eyes and delicious good looks what more could we want? Oh! Well the fact that he’s a total sweetheart deep down really adds to his wow factor.

In the first book Anna discovered what she was and worked towards getting some answers. I feel that this book is the build up for bigger things to come and with that the author has gotten the pacing completely right. I admit I was a bit letdown when I realised that this was a lot shorter than Sweet Evil but I guess we cant have everything given to us at once.

This sequel is a perfect middle book for a trilogy as it doesn't give away too much of whats to come, this allows us to open our minds to dream about what may happen in the last leg of the journey. If you haven't picked up this series yet then what are you playing at? Get yourself a copy and give it a chance!

Also check out my review of Sweet Evil here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...