Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins



Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Released May 1st 2012
Published by HarperTeen
Paperback, 453 Pages
Synopsis:
Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

What I thought:
I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I bought the book, its not available to buy in UK stores so I had to order it on Amazon but that's all right because its quite cheap on there anyway, hooray for Amazon. I never thought that I would fall hard for this book like I have ended up doing, especially as I'm not really big on the whole angel thing but now I feel like I must read more angel books!
From page one we are introduced to the not so interesting world of Anna, a world that's not quite as normal as most teenagers this is because she isn't a normal teenager but she doesn't quite know it yet. I liked how we found out more about who Anna is throughout the book rather than having it handed to us on a platter and I think that it made Anna slowly more interesting. I really enjoyed meeting new characters throughout the book especially as the author has done a great job of introducing them to plot line  I feel like we could learn more about some of them but I guess that will happen in books to come. My favourite character definitely has to be Mr Hot Stuff Kaiden Rowe *Swoon* honestly what isn't to like about this alluring male specimen, for a start he is a drummer and what girl doesn't like an insanely hot drummer! He is the son of the Duke of Lust so that definitely spices up some of the scenes in the book and beyond that I think that he is actually quite a thoughtful, caring guy even though he doesn't show it the signs are definitely there! No wonder Anna is so attracted to him.

I feel that not much really happens in this book however it definitely welcomes you into this world and also helps you understand what's happening it also gives you an insight into the lives of different Nephilim and how they contribute to the world, its more of a jumping off point for bigger things to happen in the next book. I really like how this book builds up towards an climatic cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more, damn you Wendy doing this to me! I definitely recommend this book to anyone as I feel that you don't really have to be interested in fallen angels and all of that stuff as it is just a wonderfully written that is sure to leave you wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...